About Me

Wake Forest, NC, United States
My life has had its normal ups and downs. I cooked professionally for years and was a breakfast, lunch, and a dinner cook. I was a saucier, a sous chef and a chef. I was an actor in a made for TV movie entitled "The Secret Life of John Chapman". For years I pit crewed on an A Production Corvette and traveled to races all over the Northwest. I ran computers at Boeing to test 737 and 747 development. I was responsible for and ran computers at Cape Canaveral for the early Apollo flights and on an atoll in the South Pacific (Kwajalein) for early star wars testing. I've developed and maintained computer applications for years and was part of a team of 9 or so tasked with developing and maintaining the processes used across EDS to manage projects and develop software. I developed and maintain a website for people who are caregivers of people with Parkinson's Disease. For fun I exercise regularly, read, and play with new programming languages. My wife blesses me tremendously. She is truly my Beloved. The progeny are source of pride and wonderment.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Walking the Dog

It’s been cold here. I know that without hearing the weather prognosticator. The metric I use is the nose wrinkle. I’ve noticed that when it’s really cold, one’s wrinkled nose unwrinkles slower than when it’s hot.

Over the years we’ve rescued a number of dogs. We currently have 2. Miss Chievious is supposedly a Pekinese/Poodle mix but she looks like a Schnauzer. I recently heard that the word “schnauzer” can be defined as “barks for no reason at all.” Missy fits that as she needs to announce herself every time she goes out. The other dog is mostly a Lhasa Apso. She is a Floridian stray we call Little Bit. Little Bit was broken when we got her in that she is not able to go into our fenced back yard to do her business. She has to have formal forays into the foreign environs beyond the boundaries of our property.

At times, I’ve noticed that some dogs or their owners leave unwanted messages in our yard, I don’t like this. Therefore I always carry biodegradable plastic bags with me when I walk the livestock. When deposits are made, I transfer them into the plastic bags. It’s kinda gross but I noticed a cold weather benefit this week in that for a short time, their deposits help to warm my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment